I posted this layout over on the Heidi Swapp blog recently sharing a quick tutorial for creating the misted title! I used the yummy new September Skies collection for this layout about last years Halloween Trick or Treat walk.
here you can see I used the 12x12 letter mask and Citron ColorShine to create my title,
and the Halloween word is part of Heidi's digi Halloween word set.
I love that the new Roller Date stamp can be used for previous years as well!
last week I played along with Society 52 on Instagram - their prompts were "Large Title" and "Wood Veneer"on a layout. I also played with the yummy October Afternoon Milk Money collection. This layout shares my memory of my youngest this year in his first year of school and his socks continually down!
For my large title I hand cut it using scraps from my scrap bin!
I have a super fun layout up on the Jillibean Soup blog today using their new Soup Staples and Mix The Media collections.
My boys crack me up sometimes and I love those moments to scrapbook and therefore cherish forever!
Over on the Heidi Swapp blog recently I shared 3 new ideas using the Favorite Things Project Life cards.
First, I created a birthday slider card. I combined one of the Project Life Mini Memory Files and a 3×4 card from the Favorite Things Core kit to create my card.
I have a hidden message on the front of the card that is revealed when the slide is pulled back.
Inside the card I stamped a simple birthday sentiment using the Mini Stamps.
Here's how I made my card.
1. Gather your supplies- Mini Memory file, 3×4 card, strip of pattern paper, Color Magic Jumbo number, Mustard Colorshine, 6×6 Polka Dot stencil, Heidi Swapp ink pad , Project Life Clear Stamps, 1 inch circle punch, craft knife, ruler, foam squares, adhesive.
2. Place the Dot stencil over the Jumbo number and Spritz with Mustard Colorshine.
3. Take the 3×4 card and slide the circle punch in as far as it will go and to the right of the card and punch. Repeat for the left side.
4. Using a ruler and craft knife cut lines joining up each circle to create the window.
5. Using the Project life Clear Stamps, add a sentiment to the right of the Memory File.
6. Turn the 3×4 card over and add strips of foam tape along the edges of the window to create a channel for the paper strip to run along. Trim the pattern paper to fit along the channel.
7. Adhere the 3×4 card using foam tape to the front of the Memory File. Add a foam square to the end of the paper strip to act as a stopper for the slider.
8. Adhere the Jumbo Number to the foam square.
9. Add Epoxy words, splashes of Black ColorShine and punched shapes to complete the card.
For card 2 I created a “rub off” birthday card for my son to use to pick an after school treat for his birthday.
A coin is used to rub off the paint mixture to reveal the fun choices.
Here's how I made my card.
1. Choose a 3×4 card from the Favorite Things Core Kit and print or draw on three shapes with the choices to be rubbed off.
2. Gather your supplies- the 3×4 printed card, metallic paint, small paint brush, white candle or white crayon, dishwashing liquid, black ink, mini stamps.
3. Use the white candle and rub over the printed parts of the 3×4 card.
4. Mix 2/3 metallic paint and 1/3 dishwashing liquid.
5. Use the paint mixture to paint over the printed shapes. Allow to dry and add a second coat.
6. Finish the card with mini stamps and epoxy shapes.
I wanted to share a quick video of my son using the card.
I used some washi tape to stamp onto the 3x4 card then completed the card with some of the mini stamps!
I had been hoarding this little gold album from We R Memory Keepers for a while now and when Heidi asked me to create a project using the Project Life collection, I thought they would be be perfect combination.
I began with one of the chipboard pieces from the Gold Foil kit and hot glued it to the cover then added a mini frame I found at Michaels when I visited there earlier this year!
To add my ribbon, I adhered one of the 4×6 cards from theFavorite Things Core kit (that I trimmed slightly) to the front and back covers and adhered my ribbon underneath. I added some fun stamping to complete! I also punched some holes in that glitter 3×4 card and added it straight into my album as an opening page
Here I stapled one of the Dreamy Ephemera pieces directly to my photo with my tiny attacher!
I wanted to show the cities we visited so I goggled an Australian map and lucky for me I found a yellow one! Once it was printed off I added some stamping from the Hello Today Mini stamps. Opposite I popped that 3×4 card into one of the 3×4 plastic pockets from the Make Pretty Stuff collection and embellished it quickly with the PL clear stamp set.
Another 4×6 Favorite Things card I trimmed to 4×4. I also punched holes in one of the cards from the Clear Value kit as an overlay for my next set of photos.
Here you can see the Overlay and also see how I used scraps of pattern paper to pop into the tiny pockets. That yellow butterfly comes from the Make Pretty Stuff Ephemera pack!
Adding clear pieces to photos makes for quick and easy embellishments.
It was fun for my sister to come along to one shop visit.
Here I added a clear flip pocket to the 4×4 pocket to add extra space adding in some QR codes as well. More stamping for quick embellishments and that photo is matted on one of the 4×6 Dreamy Core kit cards that I trimmed down.
For my cute shaker pocket I started with one of the frames from the Clear Value kit. I carefully sliced down the centre of the chipboard frame so I was left with two frames-one with the clear window and one without. Using some scrap clear sheet I adhered it to the windowless frame then sandwiched the two sides back together, slipping some sequins inside. Once the glue was dry I popped it into the 3×4 pocket and added it to my album.
One simple stamp from the PL clear stamps is all that this photo needed.
Inside the scored 4×6 card I added my journaling.
Sheer stickers add some subtle texture.
Time to finally use that ‘fabulous’ Color Pop sticker I have been hoarding! I added it straight onto the plastic pocket.
Another Clear 3×4 card to add an extra element.
I couldn’t help but use that light bulb stamp from the September Skies Clear stamp set, it fitted my photo perfectly. I stapled on a chipboard piece from the Clear Value piece to complete.
I couldn’t help but use that light bulb stamp from theSeptember Skies Clear stamp set, it fitted my photo perfectly. I stapled on a chipboard piece from the Clear Value piece to complete.
This photo is embellished simply with that pretty glitter banner from the Glitter Value kit.
I slipped the mini file folder into the pocket, adhering the back of it to the card, while the front flap sits outside of the pocket.
I added my journaling inside the File folder.
Glitter chipboard pieces adhered to the photo!
Pretty stamps from September Skies!
To my Dreamy 3×4 card I added some sheer stickers and Chipboard shapes from the Clear Value kit. You can see I embossed the card with the 3×4 Star embossing folder to add some texture.
The card lifts up to reveal the photo and journaling hidden underneath.
On the left I trimmed down one of the Glitter 4×6 cards to 4×4 and added my journaling to it. On the right I used another Glitter card and added a strip of the September Skies Washi tape to draw attention to the amazing view in the photo.
More fun stamping!
Hello Today Glitter stickers and Clear ephemera add a touch of elegance to my pockets.
I added my journaling directly onto the Dreamy 3×4 card, that card is one of my favourites!
Here I added one of the Clear Make Pretty Stuff words directly into my pocket.
To complete my album I added my journaling onto the Favorite Things card and adhered it to the pattern paper I had trimmed to size.