Friday, January 1, 2016

Spring Marquee Love Mini Album

Sometimes you gotta think out of the box right! Heidi Swapp has a brand new Spring Marquee Love collection which includes these darling Mini Marquee shapes, new washi tapes and a paper pad collection. It really is the most prettiest collection ever.
I wanted to try something a little different with the shapes so I decided to make a mini book with the heart serving as a cover for the album!


I covered the outside of the heart shape with the new wood Veneer Washi tape and the inside with that gorgeous floral pattern paper....and do you spy those darling facetted bulbs, they are the prettiest pink you have ever seen.


Once my pages where in the album I tied it all together with a big yellow bow!


I began by printing out a quote I found on Pinterest onto some vellum then used the heart template from the box to trace around the heart.


An enlarged photo traced with the heart template.


I added a title page by mixing up some fun fonts and wood veneer.


Here I attached my photo with some of the Mint glitter washi !


The photo lifts to reveal my journaling.


Here I layered pattern paper from the paper pad under my photo. I wanted my album to be a bit eclectic so this page was cut into a circle with my Fiskars circle cutter!


More fun layering.


I created this heart pocket but trimming out the heart template twice  then cutting off the top part of the second piece of paper and then stitching it to the bottom heart. I added that sequin ribbon for a touch of fun.


 Simple embellishment with a chipboard word.



Vellum heart with a sheer sticker.


The wood grain pattern paper  might be a new fav! Here it is cut into another circle.


Floral pattern paper mixed with raw wood veneer!


I also love to layer the wood veneer over photos!


These fun paper flowers come in the collection and they have been sprayed with Pink, Butter and Rose  Colorshine.


Layered together they make a beautiful end page in my album.


I hope my husband loves my album as much as I loved making it!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

I reckon he will, it is gorgeous!

Maggie Massey said...

This is seriously one of my very favorite projects of yours...it's absolutely gorgeous. Well done, Kim...